[Gdal-dev] Release 1.4.0

Frédéric Trastour support at geoimage.fr
Tue Nov 14 10:20:04 EST 2006

Hello,

> Following up on Ari's suggestion, I'd like to plan on a new GDAL release
> by mid December, perhaps with a first official beta December 1st.
>
> What work are people hoping to get into a next GDAL release?

The GDAL ecw driver uses the default 'maximum cache size' value which is 1/4 of RAM.
In some applications it should be nice to be able to specify the amount of memory dedicated to the ECW cache.

The maximum size of the cache can be controlled using
NCSecwSetConfig(NCSCFG_CACHE_MAXMEM, <size in bytes>);

Perhaps a configuration option should be used for that.
The option could be be processed during the driver registration.

void GDALRegister_ECW()
{
#ifdef FRMT_ecw
    GDALDriver *poDriver;

    if( GDALGetDriverByName( "ECW" ) == NULL )
    {
        // Is a Maximum cache size specified in the options ?
       //
        char *szEcwCacheSize = CPLGetConfigOption( "GDAL_ECW_CACHE_MAXMEM", "USE_DEFAULT") ;
        if( ! EQUAL( szEcwCacheSize , "USE_DEFAULT" )
            NCSecwSetConfig(NCSCFG_CACHE_MAXMEM, atoi(szEcwCacheSize) );

Frédéric.
Frédéric Trastour - GEOIMAGE - dev at geoimage.fr