[Gdal-dev] 2 problems on GDAL/OGR-1.3.2

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Nov 14 12:38:15 EST 2006

Jean-Daniel GONON wrote:
> Hi,
>
> nobody has ideas or solutions for my problems in these 2 mails ?
>> Now I have 90 errors in Visual C++ : " gdal error LNK2019: symbole
>> externe non résolu _ObjectName
>> référencé dans la fonction _ObjectFunction "

Jean-Daniel,

I have no idea about this.

> 2°    > Which are the operations to add new OGR format in GDAL/OGR
> (under windows XP) ?
>> It's an evolution of DGN format to version 8.
>>
>> I already start by making a copy of the
>> gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/old_format directory as
>> gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/new_format, and modify (filenames and functions
>> names) accordingly.
>>
>> After I add the new registration entry point at the bottom of
>> gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/ogrsf_frmts.h, and call it from
>> gda/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/generic/ogrregisterall.cpp.
>>
>> But the new format isn't detected by ogrinfo.exe when I want to open a
>> DGN version 8 file.
>>
>> What I must then declare or modify ?

I also don't know why this isn't working.  But I would suggest you
figure out whether your new driver is listed when you do "ogrinfo --formats".

If not, then investigate whether the registration call is actually being
called in ogrregisterall.cpp.  If so, then I would suggest adding debug
messages in your open function to see if it is being invoked at all.  If
not, perhaps a previous driver is trying to open the file, and failing.
Normally each driver is tried in turn till one either succeeds or one
fails issuing an error.