[Gdal-dev] OGR: VRT

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Sun Nov 19 08:10:30 EST 2006

Hello Frank,

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:09:22 -0500 Frank Warmerdam
<warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:

> Stephan Holl wrote:
> >   n2n_wert (Real) = 95.59999999999999   <--- strange, should be
> > 95.600 n2n_idflm (Integer) = 1207
> >   n2n_wertdat (String) = 2004-12-31
> >   n2n_idflaeche (String) = 04000000
> >   frmt_wert (String) = 95,600
> >   format_wert (String) = 95,600
> >
> > Is this a known problem?
> >
> > I am on Debian with gdal-1.2.6
>
> Stephan,
>
> I'd suggest trying again with the latest version (ie. a nightly cvs
> snapshot) and see if the problem persists.

I have done this (with gdal-CVS from 17.11.2006). There are several
results which I try to summarize now:
The described problem above is away now, but another problem appears
which I stumbled over in gdal 1.3.2 as well. Therefor I decided to use
gdal 1.2.6 which works as expected in my app.

When using the latest CVS with my join example I received this error:
ogrinfo -al join_together.ovf
ERROR 4: Update access not supported for VRT datasources.
Had to open data source read-only.
INFO: Open of `join_together.ovf'
      using driver `VRT' successful.

Layer name: join
Geometry: Polygon
Feature Count: 16
ERROR 1: Not enough tokens to complete expression.
Segmentation fault

This was know to work with 1.2.6 except the rounding problem.

> There have been a lot of
> changes and improvements since 1.2.6.  If the problem persists you can
> file a bug report, hopefully with an sql script we can execute in
> mysql to initialize an example table showing the problem.

I have bundled up a minimal example with a Mysql-Dump (containig one
table with 3 rows) and an unfree sampledataset where you can reproduce
the problem.
I have sent you the dataset via PM.

Best regards

	Stephan