[Gdal-dev] Re: perl tests

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Wed Apr 4 02:10:58 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Ari,
>
> I believe Ivan has fixed the problem with the IdrisiDataset and
> SetGeoTransform.  But it seems various perl tests are still failing at:
>

> http://buildbot.osgeo.org:8500/telascience-quick/builds/82/step-perl-test/0
>

> It looks ogr related, but I'm rather at a loss as to you to relate these
> failures to formats or features.  Could you take a look?

Should be better now. The test code uses only hand-picked drivers for
the tests. What would be the best ones, i.e., those which cover all or
most of the methods? Now I set GTiff, MEM, EHdr (GDAL) and ESRI
Shapefile, MapInfo File, Memory (OGR).

My intention has been to start building tests that specifically test the
binding methods, also their behavior in the case of an error (no core
dumps, a textual error message). The current approach was the first easy
shot to test the basic common methods. Out of curiosity I made it to
test all drivers that are at hand.

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Geoinformaatio- ja paikannustekniikka / Geoinformation and positioning