[Gdal-dev] How to include new planisphere in Gdal/OGR?

Stefan Oberhauser oberhauser at hoelzel.at
Fri Apr 6 07:05:06 EDT 2007

Hello,

We are a cartographic company and we are using a proprietary planisphere for
our world maps. It is a modification of Eckert Planisphere. The analogue
maps had been digitized but the data don’t have any georeferencing
information.

The projection parameters are known and we need an implementation in order
to transform geo-data to our planisphere and vice versa. Would it be
possible that our planisphere is supported by Gdal/OGR/Proj4? We don’t have
any programming experience and don’t know how and if this could be managed.
Is there anybody who could do this work for us?

Please contact me for further information.

Best regards,

Mag. Stefan Oberhauser
Ed. Hölzel Gesellschaft m.b.H. Nfg KG
Jochen-Rindt-Str. 9