[Gdal-dev] Instructions for Cygwin compile of GDAL

Alessandro Amici lists at b-open-solutions.it
Fri Apr 13 04:04:53 EDT 2007

Norman,

On Friday 13 April 2007 01:44, Norman Vine wrote:
> Shouldn't have to change anything
>
> To check I just did a fresh Cygwin install and
>
> ./configure --with-libtool=no; make; make install
>
>   < might work with libtool I don't know I just can't stand the
>     glacially slow Cygwin compiles with libtool >

in order to avoid the double compile with libtool you may use
the '--disable-static' (tested on unix/linux) or '--disable-shared' (maybe on
cygwin, but not tested) options.

this is not as fast as '--without-libtool', but much, much closer.

if you test it on cygwin (i don't have a cygwin install at hand, currently),
please report back how it goes.

thanks
alessandro

--