[Gdal-dev] Proposal for Unified Windows Binaries

Simon Perkins sy at perkins.net
Wed Apr 18 11:29:39 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> This thread seems to have spun wildly out of control.  Mateusz
> does not have visual studio 2003, so Howard or I will likely do the
> first round binary builds.
>
> At that point someone can do some tests to verify the resulting
> DLLs work fine with VS2005.

I hate to add any more to this thread then, but in general it's a bad
idea to mix C runtime versions with visual studio, i.e. if you're
building your app with VS2005, you may run into problems when using
libraries compiled with VS2003. In theory, if you're just using the C
interface, and not doing any memory allocation / deallocation across
boundaries then you might be OK, but I've had problems even in this
scenario.

Bit of a mess really.

Sy