[Gdal-dev] Win32 Binaries

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Apr 28 00:16:01 EDT 2007

Folks,

I've taken my first crack at producing Win32 binaries for GDAL 1.4.1.

   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/win32/gdalwin32exe141.zip
   http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/win32/gdalwin32dev141.zip

This is built using VC7.1 (Visual Studio .NET 2003).  I have confirmed
that C applications (like gdalinfo.c) can be built against these libraries
using other compilers - I tested with VC6.

The executables and corresponding gdal14.dll are fairly minimimal.  I
used the default set of built-in drivers.  No external libraries were
used.

I'd appreciate folks trying these out a bit and let me know of problems
encountered.

I've also updated the following wiki topics to mention the new binaries.

   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/DownloadingGdalBinaries
   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingOnWindows