[Gdal-dev] RFC 15: More Band Masks

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Aug 26 22:41:00 EDT 2007

Folks,

I've revised RFC 15 to include a CreateMaskBand() method, and a very
brief discussion of how this will be (by default) handled by a special
.msk TIFF file holding the mask.  The RFC is a bit brief on the internals
of how this will be implemented, but perhaps there is enough detail to
understand the application level implications.

   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc15_nodatabitmask

I have the previous read-only rules and the jpeg driver code implemented,
and if there are no immediate concerns about the added CreateMaskBand()
method I'll call for a vote on the RFC late tomorrow as I'd like to get
the changes in fairly soon.