[Gdal-dev] Re: Error2 CPLRealloc(): Out of memory allocating 10 bytes (with MrSID)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jul 5 10:12:02 EDT 2007

Daniele Romagnoli wrote:
> Now, I'm fighting again with the old problem :) (related to MrSID support)
> Thus, I'm really sorry bothering you with my old question:
>
> Any suggestion to build GDAL using NMAKE without the error
> "CPLRealloc(): Out of memory allocating N bytes" occurring when reading
> some MrSID files from Java?

Daniele,

I'm afraid I'll need more to go on than this.  I don't know what would
be causing this problem.  Can this issue only be reproduced from Java calls?
Is it possible there is a "heap confusion" problem with the Java wrappers
that is corrupting a heap?  For instance, do you use /MD for all components
so a shared C runtime heap is used for all components?

I'm hesitant to spend a lot of time trying to reproduce your problem at my
end without very specific parameters since the issue is likely to be
specific to the combination of compilers, compile options and versions of
GDAL and the SDK.