[Gdal-dev] Ready to commit first batch of swig-java changes

Andrea Aime aaime at openplans.org
Sun Mar 18 11:33:20 EDT 2007

Hi,
as you may know, I've been working on making WKB useful as
a transfer format to cross the JNI barrier.
When I started, things weren't working as expected (JVM crash)
because of different interpretation of what a char is on
either side (8 bit on the C side, 16 bits character on the java side).

I had to perform a bit of changes in both the functions returning wkb,
and the geometry construction ones that do take wkb as an input.
The outcome is not a fully clean extension as I hoped, because
the geometry constructor calls a static function that should
be defined before it. Anyways, the patch is attached for anyone
to review. I do believe a similar patch would be needed for c#
to handle geometry creation from wkb, too.

Do you have any kind of procedure I have to follow
before committing? In Geoserver I would open a jira issue to
record the change, so that the jira changelog contained that change
too.

Cheers
Andrea