[Gdal-dev] GDALWarp reverting to Nearest resampling

Seth Price seth at pricepages.org
Sat May 5 12:35:56 EDT 2007

I'm trying to distribute gdalwarp as cluster jobs. This involves
copying gdal and it's libraries to remote machines, running the
commands, and returning the output. I'm having trouble with gdalwarp;
the '-rcs' flag isn't taking effect for some reason.

No error is being returned and it's taking the appropriate amount of
time for the 'nearest' algorithm. The exact command will look like this:
./gdalwarp -t_srs '+proj=merc +datum=WGS84 +units=m' -ts 11651 34151 -
wm 200 -co 'TILED=YES' -co 'BLOCKXSIZE=512' -co 'BLOCKYSIZE=512' -rcs
'./N072W180_x1.tif' 'out.tif'

When I tried running this command outside of its wrapper program, it
worked as expected.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause the sampling method to
default? I've browsed the source code, and nothing stands out as a
potential problem. Were there any recent bugs fixed that may be
related? Do any environment variables need to be set?

I'm using a recent CVS of GDAL, because 1.4.1 wouldn't compile. I'm
on a Mac.
Thanks,
Seth