[Gdal-dev] GMT driver in OGR - How to activate it?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue May 8 20:45:41 EDT 2007

Joaquim Luis wrote:
> Hi,
> I just installed (under Windows) the trunk version where the GMT driver
> for OGR exists in
> ...gdal-svn-trunk-2007.05.08\ogr\ogrsf_frmts\gmt
>
> However when I try to use it I get
> Unable to find driver `GMT'
> and in fact it is not listed by ogr2ogr --formats
>
> How do we "activate" it?
> Brent Wood told us in one of the GMT lists that it was ready to test/use

Joaquim,

I have confirmed that the windows makefiles omitted an important
bit.  In particular, -DGMT_ENABLED was not defined in the file
gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/generic/makefile.vc so the driver wasn't
being registered by default.

I have committed a fix. I'd suggest you "svn update" and do a
"nmake /f makefile.vc clean" and "nmake /f makefile.vc" to rebuild.