[Gdal-dev] new RFC 13: Improved Feature Insertion/Update/Delete Performance in Batch Mode

Baumann, Konstantin Konstantin.Baumann at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed May 16 09:31:51 EDT 2007

Hi!

I would like to announce the new RFC 13:
<http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc13_createfeatures>

I would like to add some new methods to OGRLayer for "batched"
inserting/updating/deleting features. These virtual methods allow OGR
drivers to implement optimized handling of these batched operations
(e.g. resulting in a performance boost).

For example, I was able to improve the "batched insertion" scenario for
the MySQL driver from ~40 features per second to something about
800-1.500 features per second; for layers with >=50.000 features (with
and wihtout geometry)...

Any further comments and suggestions are wellcome.

What is the procedure to start voting on that?

Best regards,
    Kosta