[Gdal-dev] GDAL binders at FOSS4G 2007

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Mon May 28 15:43:38 EDT 2007

I'm thinking about whether to travel to Victoria and if yes, what to do
there except wander around aimlessly.

On the website I came across the CodeSprint. Perhaps the bindings are
such a difficult topic that maybe it would deserve a CodeSprint? Maybe
we could talk around the issue also a bit more widely (as GEOS also has
SWIG bindings and other libraries perhaps have / could have). I'm not
sure if Aaron is on this list, but he mentions Python bindings in the
goals of QGIS CodeSprint in the wiki.

Would we have enough / key people (Tamas? Hobu? Charlie?)? This is just
a wild idea but I think it surely would be useful to discuss the
bindings and do some grand or not so grand scheme design.

Cheers,

Ari