[Gdal-dev] recent compile on cygwin?

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Nov 15 14:01:02 EST 2007

Matt Wilkie wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Some time ago I was able to compile gdal on cygwin out of the box. Today
>  it seems it's not so straightforward anymore. Has anyone else done so
> lately? Any tips to share?
>
> the error I'm running into at the moment is "cpl_port.h: No such file or
> directory". That file does exist in the gdal/port directory. Perhaps I
> need another one somewhere else too?
>
> $ configure --without-expat
> ...snip...

The cpl_port.h file should be generated by the ./configure script.
I don't use cygwin but I tested it on Mac OS X
- removed cpl_port.h
- svn update
- ./configure --without-expat

after that I found port/cpl_port.h file generated.

Perhaps there is something wrong with ./configure on cygwin.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net