[gdal-dev] Motion: Retract GDAL/OGR 1.4.3 Release

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Nov 21 14:38:55 EST 2007

Motion: To retract the GDAL/OGR 1.4.3 Release, including announcing the
retraction and removal of source and binaries from normal locations.

+1 from me

Folks,

Pursuant to the ABI incompatability found, I'm seeking permission to
retract the 1.4.3 release.  In fact, since speed is of the essence, I have
already done so though I can't undo my changes if the PSC isn't in agreement.

In addition to a fairly gdal specific announcement of the retraction, my
intention would be to announce a GDAL 1.4.4 release fairly widely (wider
than would normally be the case) along with the notice that 1.4.3 is retracted.

Mateusz is backing out the offending ABI change, and is looking into mechanisms
to test ABI compatability as part of stable release preparation.  Howard, are
you prepared to "release manage" a 1.4.4 release later this week or over the
weekend?  If not, I'm sure we could have Mateusz be release manager for 1.4.4
and you for an eventual 1.4.5.  I would like to push this release out fairly
quickly (but not *too* quickly).