[Gdal-dev] Universal GDAL build on OS-X ??

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 26 18:43:29 EDT 2007

William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> I wonder if this should be put up on a Wiki page? It's in the list
>> archive, but the Wiki may be a better place for it.
>>
> I've been thinking about adding wiki to my site (I'm very behind on site
> software updates).  The info is general and applies to a few FOSS GIS
> packages, so maintaining one copy is easier for me.

I was thinking the GDAL Wiki, but you're right, most of this isn't
GDAL-specific. If you do get a site up, we should put a link to in in
the GDAL wiki though.

>> actually, I didn't know about the isysroot one...
>>
> Necessary on PPC, not needed on Intel but it doesn't hurt.

Good. I'm running PPC at the moment.

> Remember that you must do this patch after configure - configure
> magically replaces #define and #undef lines, so they would both end up
> being the same if cpl_config.h.in was patched.

got it.

>> A new thought - could you send me whatever scripts you're using to
>> build? It makes more sense for me to just follow what you're doing
>> than re-invent it. (plus it would save me some work ;-)  )
>
> I've been lazy, and do a manual copy-n-paste for GDAL.  On my other
> frameworks I use an Xcode project that takes care of patches.

That's funny, I thought I wrote scripts because I'm lazy!

Anyway, I'm scripting away, so maybe I'll put mine in the Wiki if I ever
get them to work!

> I've
> been working on bug reports to get the framework build option in the
> source working good

thanks!

> (note that it still has problems with the python
> build - it links wrong and there is no simple way to fix it).

Darn. I guess I was going to find out that soon enough -- Maybe I can
help, but maybe not, this stuff is pretty out of my depth.

> PS: I have a GDAL 1.5 build online

Thanks, but my goal here is to be building SVN trunk, so I can test and
maybe even contribute something.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov