[Gdal-dev] Re: [GDAL] #1878: programs can't find .o when linking

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Oct 27 14:39:30 EDT 2007

On Oct 27, 2007, at 12:31 PM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:

> William Kyngesburye wrote:
>> So, no problem with it on your recent OSX build where the OSR test
>> failed?
>
> William,
>
> There is no problem with that anymore. I installed PROJ.4 and it
> works.
> Simply, I forgot that I have no PROJ.4 on my new OSX box.

What I meant was, when you built GDAL that time, did you have the .o/
recompile problems?

>> It would have been obvious at least when make hit the
>> programs.  You might have noticed the recompile when you installed.
>>
>> I forgot to ask - what version is your OSX system?
>
> Mac OS X 10.4

So, Xcode 2.4/GCC 4.  Same here - I thought maybe there was a GCC
difference between our systems.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that
the past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy
between my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe