[Gdal-dev] Converting netCDF to geoTIFF with colour

Paul Tildesley paul.tildesley at csiro.au
Tue Sep 4 03:31:46 EDT 2007

I am trying to convert an 8-bit band in a netCDF file to GeoTIFF using
gdal_translate. I have used the command:

gdal_translate -of GTiff netCDF:"SST3d_20070901.nc":sst SST3d_20070901.tif

and this works except that the output file is greyscale and I want colour. I
know that there is no colour table in the netCDF file so I need to give
gdal_translate a colour table to use in creating the geoTIFF file? I cannot find
any documentation that tells me how to do this.

Any help gratefully received.

Paul.