[Gdal-dev] Converting netCDF to geoTIFF with colour

Matthew Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 19:44:47 EDT 2007

Paul,

  There are a couple of options for this:

If you have Grass or GMT installed, both of these applications can do
color ramping.

One that was just pointed out to me recently on this list was Mirone
(http://w3.ualg.pt/%7Ejluis/mirone/index.htm) which has a great
windows-based GUI for color ramping.

 There was also a gdal based command line app written by Paul Surgeon
called color-relief which can apply color ramps :
http://www.perrygeo.net/wordpress/?p=7

- matt