[Gdal-dev] ogr / geos scripting question

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Wed Sep 12 11:11:36 EDT 2007

I'd like to write a script to add a few points to a datasource, then
make some simple geos calculations on it.
  (I'm completely new to this)

below is what I came up with at a first look ( to simply create the
Data).

After creating the Data, I'd like to make a geos calculation, like
minimum radius for example.

thanks in advance
   -Brian / darkblueB

##
get OGR driver count
    iterate through drivers, looking for the desired named driver

datasource = driver->CreateDataSource( dir )
layer = datasource->CreateLayer( "layerOne" )

g = OGR CreateGeometryFromWKT( "Point( 10 100)" )

##???

layer->SyncToDisk