[Gdal-dev] ogr / geos scripting question

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Fri Sep 14 12:21:09 EDT 2007

Brian Hamlin kirjoitti:
> actually, the convexHull can be a linestring in a special case, but is
> more likely
> type 3, Polygon..  (I printed the WKT form..)
>
> I now see that you can getNumPoints(), and getPoint( index ) in C++
> from a LineString
> but, Polygon does not have this?

http://map.hut.fi/doc/Geo-GDAL/html/annotated.html or if that does not
give good enough answer then I surf to
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/annotated.html

Polygon is functionally a collection, the outer ring is the first
geometry in it and the rest, if there are such, are inner rings (holes),
to loop through a collection use:

if ($geom->GetGeometryCount) {
    for (0..$geom->GetGeometryCount-1) {
   }
}

To look at the vertices use (only if GeometryCount is zero):

for my $i (0..$geom->GetPointCount-1) {
        my $x = $geom->GetX($i);
        my $y = $geom->GetY($i);
        my $z = $geom->GetZ($i);
}

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Geoinformaatio- ja paikannustekniikka / Geoinformation and positioning