[Gdal-dev] Fwd: plate carree to latlon projection problem

jjknoops at netscape.net jjknoops at netscape.net
Mon Sep 17 09:37:14 EDT 2007

Hello Everybody,

I am using gdal for a couple of year now and I am very satisfied with it.

But now i have a problem with reprojecting from and to plate
carree(epsg:32662).

I have data in plate carree and I need to reproject to latlon but i there is an
offset between the results and other data that already in latlon.

I have also used Erdas Imagine 9.1 to do the reprojecting but i get a different
results then from gdal. The results from Erdas are beter then from gdal

After testing it with a worldwide dataset. I found that the
offset is almost 0 at (0,0) to several km around Brittian. Is there a problem
with the reprojection using plate carree or do you use a different wgs84 then
Erdas?

I am using gdal from fwtools 1.3.6

Best Regards,

Jaap Knoops