[Gdal-dev] Re: gdal_translate unable to allocate buffer

WolfgangZ wollez at gmx.net
Fri Sep 28 03:03:46 EDT 2007

Even Rouault schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> Can you provide more info on your source file : pasting the result of gdalinfo
> on it would be a start.
> Can you also paste your  gdal_translate command line ?
>
> Even
>
> On Thursday 27 September 2007 20:36:46 WolfgangZ wrote:
>> I got an error from gdal_translate, has anybody an idea what the cause
>> could be?

the command line was:
  gdal_translate -co TILED=YES -co COMPRESS=JPEG input.vrt out.tif

the vrt file is a little bit bigger (458842,386026 pixel) and links
together several (thousands) of single images.

It takes some time but the progress bar started and I came to "0.", it
would be a nice improvement if gdal_translate would not access all tiles
  but only the needed ones (for example when using -srcwin).

Regards
Wolfgang