[gdal-dev] Problem with dgn files and MSLINK attribute

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Apr 9 09:08:07 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am trying to convert dgn files to something readable in a GIS software
(like ESRI shapefile, Postgis, etc.)

The geometry part seems to convert fine, however, the MSLINK values aren't
unique at all. For the two layers I am interested in, containing >3000
point features, I only get two different MSLink values. I expected them to
be unique so I can link to the oracle tables containing the non-graphical
attributes.

Googling for ogr and mslink reveals that in some cases there are several
MSLINK values per feature? Maybe this is the case in my example as well?

Here is the command I use:
ogr2ogr -nlt POINT -skipfailures -f "ESRI Shapefile" kandelaber elewp.dgn

Are there any other tools to display my dgn files so I can make sure the
MSLink values are ok?

Thank you if you have any hints or experience regarding dgn conversion.

Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann
Böschacherstrasse 6, CH-8624 Grüt/Gossau, Switzerland