[gdal-dev] There is no option to read "underneath" observation layers from L2G MODIS data, right?

Jose Luis Gomez Dans josegomez at gmx.net
Fri Apr 11 06:24:36 EDT 2008

Hi,

> As far as I can understand while scanning the gdal-dev list messages,
> there is no access to the 2nd (or 3rd) layer of gridded MODIS data (L2G)
> using GDAL, is that correct?
>
> Is there an alternative to the "read_l2g" LDOPE utility?

I think this is correct. The other observations (which may add up to a lot for high latitudes) are not in a gridded format, so you need to use something like PyHDF to read them and convert them to grids. It's fairly easy to do, but dealing with the angular pointers (1km data) is messier.

read_l2g might actually be the easiest way!

Jose