[gdal-dev] SoC: Application Review

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 08:44:00 EDT 2008

2008/4/9, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>:
>  We will need to get together soon to prioritize the project applications
>  and decide who wants to mentor what.  I'd also appreciate anyone missing
>  form the mentor list to add themselves (and let me know), and if anyone
>  sees other applications suitable for GDAL to let me know.  I only skimmed
>  the projects that were not apparently GDAL related.
>
>  I see we till April 22nd to work this out, so no big rush.  Perhaps we
> could
>  have an irc meeting on the morning of Friday April 18th to work it out, and
>  then pass a formal motion by email.

Frank,

During the gsoc meeting at #osgeo today, I've been asked to speed the
things up in this topic to be able to create the final application
list for all of the osgeo projects in time.
The results per project will be submitted to this page:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SoC_Application_Rankings_by_Project_2008

According to http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_timeline
we'll have to make this decision at least one day before April 18th.

I'm aware of only a few volunteers out there to mentor the 3 GDAL
related projects so I don't think if it'll be a difficult task to work
the things out.

Best regards,

Tamas