[gdal-dev] Trac ADAGUC Wiki

Maarten Plieger plieger at knmi.nl
Fri Aug 22 11:31:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

In agreement with Frank I created an ADAGUC wiki on trac:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/ADAGUC. It describes the GDAL ADAGUC
netCDF driver I have been working on. It has been created on basis of
the original driver from Denis Nadeau and Frank Warmerdam.
The driver requires the latest netcdf4 and HDF5 libraries. The ADAGUC
driver supports the creation of NetCDF3 and NetCDF4 files. ADAGUC netCDF
files follow the Climate and Forecast (CF) 1.2 and ISO:19115 metadata
conventions. Besides these conventions the format provides space for
specific product metadata. The document describing the format will be
released soon. More information about ADAGUC (Atmospheric Data Access
for the Geospatial User Community) can be found here: http://adaguc.knmi.nl
*The ADAGUC format currently supports a maximum of three dimensions,
which are X, Y and time.

This is the first release (v0.1) of the driver. If you are going to use
it, please let me know if you experience any problems installing or
using it. The wiki describes the installation instructions and provides
some sample files.

Best Regards,
Maarten Plieger

--
Maarten Plieger
KNMI, R&D Information and Observation Technology, De Bilt