[gdal-dev] GDALGridCreate() in python?

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Tue Dec 9 13:55:00 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 08:41:32PM +0200, Ari Jolma wrote:
>> I like to use the gdal_grid/GDALGridCreate() command from python. Are the
>> function wrapped for use in python now? See:
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2023.
>>
>> If not,are there a posible workaround?
>
> It's not been added to the swig interface and there's no workaround. I  guess
> you need to use the command line program. Adding it to the swig  interface
> needs some thought as the function does not create a GDAL  object- in fact it
> interpolates onto an in-memory raster.

I am thinking on idea to create the native NumPy bindings for GDAL (using the
NumPy typemaps). That should greatly help to create practical bindings for Grid
functions and some other.

Also it is possible to create the higher level wrapper for gridding hiding the
arrays inside.

Best regards,
Andrey

--