[gdal-dev] Motion: Approve GDAL/OGR 1.4.5RC1 as 1.4.5 Release

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Dec 18 12:36:43 EST 2008

Even Rouault wrote:
> Le Sunday 14 December 2008 19:47:03 Frank Warmerdam, vous avez écrit :
>> Folks,
>>
>> As I mentioned a couple weeks ago, I am proceeding with producing stable
>> releases.  I have produced a release candidate for a GDAL 1.4.5 release.
>> Once released I anticipate this will be the last GDAL 1.4.x release.
>>
>> The source is available at:
>>    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal-1.4.5RC1.tar.gz
>>    http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/gdal145RC1.zip
>>
>> The release news is at:
>>    http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/Release/1.4.5-News
>>
>> Motion: Approve GDAL/OGR 1.4.5RC1 as 1.4.5 Release.
>
> +1

Folks,

I'm -1.  It turns out (as Daniel identified) the "make install" target on
unix didn't work right because the install of man pages was broken.  This
was due to my using a modern mkgdaldist.sh script which assumes that the
whole man tree should be generated and thus man/GNUmakefile was lost.  I've
worked around this in r15974.