[gdal-dev] Compile GDAL With WMS Support (Win32)

Joel Odom joelodom at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 15:15:20 EST 2008

I'm trying to use GDAL to pull down WMS images.  I installed curl and
built with it.  (I can see that libcurl.dll is being loaded.)  When I
pass in my XML service descriptor file to GDALOpen, I get, "ERROR 4:
`C:\Documents and Settings\jo44\Desktop\ogr_data\wms.xml' not
recognised as a supported file format."  I ran "gdalinfo --formats"
and found that WMS is *not* listed among the supported formats, so I
assume that I have left something out of my build.  Does anyone have
any hints as to where to go from here?  Thanks!

--
http://giscoder.blogspot.com/