[gdal-dev] Writing Shapefiles

Romain Garrigues romain.garrigues at c-s.cnes.fr
Tue Feb 5 04:54:49 EST 2008

Hello all,

I'm interested in Shapefile format manipulation.
I followed OGR API tutorial for reading a .shp file.
Open() method from OGR Driver returns an OGRDataSource pointer which
contains all i need.
Now i'm trying to write data contained in an OGRDataSource pointer.
Is there an easy way to do that ? (a Write() similar to Open() method ?)
Tutorial just show how to write a shapefile from scratch, that's not my
case, and i don't see atm how to do this "easily" if i already have data in
an OGRDataSource.

Best Regards.

Romain Garrigues.
Orfeo Toolbox developper.