[gdal-dev] adding the pds format ISIS

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 18 18:27:44 EST 2008

cartrite wrote:
> Hi Frank,
> I didn't see it on the list of formats after configure ran and someone
> else had trouble with reading an ISIS3 cub. And none of the object files
> in the pds folder were produced after running make.
>
> I became aware of the problem at the ISIS support forum. According to a
> user, GDAL 1.5.0 was built and got an error when trying gdal_translate
> on the cub.
> http://isis.astrogeology.usgs.gov/IsisSupport/viewtopic.php?p=5477#5477

Steve,

I suspect the driver is failing to recognise that particular ISIS3 cube
for some particular reason.  In particular the .cub parser is rather
sensitive and if the .qub keywords don't parse properly it generally
gives up and assumes the product isn't actually an ISIS3 file.

If you, or Ross can file a trac ticket with a pointer to the problem
dataset somewhere I can fetch it from, I'd be pleased to look into and
fix the problem.