[gdal-dev] GeoTIFF - missing Tag

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jan 31 10:16:02 EST 2008

Stefan Mietke wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> is there anybody who can tell me how to add Tags in a GeoTIFF file using
> gdal? All files I created with ArcMap seems not to be well-formed.
>
> I receive following debug message:
>
> Warning 1: TIFFReadDirectory:C:\Tomcat\temp\temp1889831732091.bin: invalid
> TIFF directory; tags are not sorted in ascending order ERROR 1:
> MissingRequired:C:\Tomcat\temp\temp1889831732091.bin: TIFF directory is
> missing required "ImageLength" field

Stefan,

If a TIFF file is missing ImageLength it isn't much of an image file.  Could
you provide a smallish example of this directly to me by email and I'll see
if it is repairable in any way I know?

I don't believe GDAL will be helpful in this regard, but it might be doable
with libtiff (on which GDAL is built).