[gdal-dev] Strong Naming of C# Wrappers

Jason Beverage jasonbeverage at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 13:47:25 EST 2008

Hi all,

I've been using the C# wrappers that come with FWTools, and I noticed that
they are not strongly named.  This is causing a problem for my project as we
require everything to be strongly named.

I noticed that the makefile.vc has a "sign" step that generates the
gdal.snkfile, but it is not used after that.

If you change the gdal_csharp target to include the /keyfile argument, it
should produce strongly named assemblies:
$(CSC) /debug:full /keyfile:gdal.snk /target:library /out:ogr_csharp.dll
ogr\*.cs
$(CSC) /debug:full /keyfile:gdal.snk /target:library /out:gdal_csharp.dll
gdal\*.cs
$(CSC) /debug:full /keyfile:gdal.snk /target:library
/out:gdalconst_csharp.dll const\*.cs
$(CSC) /debug:full /keyfile:gdal.snk /target:library /out:osr_csharp.dll
osr\*.cs

It would be great if the bindings that come from the FWTools distro become
the "official" way to download the binaries and they are signed when we get
them.

Thanks!

Jason