[gdal-dev] Ubuntu, gdal & ecw's >2gb on IA32

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Sat Jun 21 09:57:03 EDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 07:33 -0600, Richard Greenwood wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 8:14 PM, Tim Bowden <tim.bowden at westnet.com.au> wrote:
> > I've got a bit of a problem with ecw's on ubuntu 8.04; gdal can't read
> > them if they're >2gb in size, but there's no problem with the same setup
> > on ubuntu 7.10.
>
> How exactly does it fail? I just did a gdalinfo on a ~4GB ecw on
> Ubuntu 8.04 w/ FW Tools 2.0.6 w/o a problem.
$ gdalinfo testfile_large.ecw
ERROR 4: `testfile_large.ecw' not recognised as a supported file format.

gdalinfo failed - unable to open 'testfile_large.ecw'.

Strange that it works for you and not me.  I've got this happening on
two different systems- one a vmware guest, on on bare metal. Not sure
what's going on.  Are you on a 32 or 64 bit cpu?

Regards,
Tim Bowden