[gdal-dev] Re: C#: Gdal on Win64

Tomas R monshi at home.se
Mon Mar 3 15:48:42 EST 2008

Thanks for the binaries. Have not tried them out, will do that tomorrow.
Instead I have spent some frustrating time (always a bit frustrating
compiling big c++ projects, getting all components you need) trying to
compile GDAL on Visual c++ 2005 Express. I have (tried) to follow the
instructions given on the web
(http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingOnWindows) but building via
nmake on commandprompt failes at finding 'atlbase.h'. Yes I know, Win
SDK paths. have tried setting them. Building GDAL via the GUI, (project
7_1) works though.

Any tips on the use of nmake? What have I missed? Yes, I have set the
paths and called vsvars32.bat before nmake

And - this gives me the gdal dll. But, the rest (ogr_wrap.dll,
proj.dll)? How do I obtain those? Won't I need those, the dll's that are
included in the binaries you have provided so nicely below.

The build I have worked with is the latest official stable build, v 1.5.

And yes, the links on the page above needs to be updated.

/Tomas