[gdal-dev] Re: How to read geotiff file using GDAL

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Tue Mar 4 11:44:35 EST 2008

bargi <bhagwat.maimt <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> How can I read geotiff file format using GDAL  and can I convert them to
> shapfile format ???

People are guessing wildly what you actually want.  My guess is that perhaps you
 want to read the georeferencing info from geotiff and write a corresponding
ESRI world file in order to use the image with some software not supporting
geotiffs.  If this is the case then reading goes simply with gdalinfo utility,
but I do not know if it is possible to write our the world file only.

I am sure you would get better answers with a bit less mysterious questions.

-Jukka Rahkonen.