[gdal-dev] Reading VMAP Files.

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Mar 7 16:54:41 EST 2008

Chris Howell wrote:
> Hi Even,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, Yes I do call OGRRegisterAll() and I am sure
> that the method is executing.
>
> The OGRSFDriverRegistrar::Open() method works great if I am reading a
> shape file or a MapInfo tab file etc, and everything functions as
> expected. When attempting to diagnose the issue further. The const char*
> p = CPLGetLastErrorMsg(); Call doesn't give me back a pointer to the
> string for the last error, which is really weird because I would have at
> the very least expected it to work, or report an error.

Chris,

Are you confident that you have built support into your GDAL 1.5.0 to use
the OGDI bridge, and put all the appropriate OGDI DLLs in your path?  This
can be pretty tricky, and it is definately not part of the default GDAL
build (whereas mapinfo is for instance).

I'm not clear on why you wouldn't be getting something for
CPLGetLastErrorMsg() if an error was issued.  I'm reasonably sure
that Open() ought to be issuing a CPL error on failure.