[gdal-dev] New OGR driver for X-Plane/Flightgear aeronautical data

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Tue Mar 11 18:50:32 EDT 2008

Even Rouault wrote:

> for those who are interested in aeronautics, I've just commited in SVN trunk a
> new OGR driver 'XPLANE' that can read aerantical data (airports, runways,
> taxiways, navigation aids, IFR intersections, airways)  from a text format
> used by the X-Plane and Flightgear flight simulators.

Oh man, this really strikes me as I recently started building a
translator for the same dataset - apparently with the same intention.
An early demo is shown here:

  http://mapserver.flightgear.org/openlayers_ksfo.html

If you promise to maintain your driver  ;-)  , then I'm going to stop
my little side-project.

Cheers,
	Martin.