[gdal-dev] Building with SEH

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Mar 12 15:23:43 EDT 2008

I won't really answer on the SEH part. I think that you'll still have to live
with the fact that a remaining bug may cause memory corruption etc that will
cause bugs elsewhere, etc... My experience showed me that If you really want
to be sure that some library won't crash your application, the only reliable
solution is to link it to a process with which your main application
communicates through TCP/IP, pipes, or whatever... Or to provide enough
information to help us fix the bugs.
So, as far as broken shapefiles are concerned, there's a pending patch to
shapelib attached to http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2218. This would be
great if you could test it on your broken shapefiles and report if that
solves your problem.

Best regards,
Even