[gdal-dev] HDF5 1.8? DAP 3.8?

Lucena, Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Thu Mar 13 15:28:09 EDT 2008

Javier,

Javier Urien wrote:
> The only problem is that this driver is slow.
>
> No, I didn't even know that the HDF5 driver was read only =)
>
> I am currently modifying the HDF5 driver, still very little (optimized
> reads using the chunk size), next is georreference, but if I find time
> I will try to get into the writing thing...

I was about to create some HDF5 for performance evaluation and since I
am working in Python it seams that would be easier to use PyTables to
write HDF5 files. I can take data from PyGDAL in numPy arrays and pass
it to PyTables. But if the driver is slow, why botherPy? :(

- Do you have plans to release the optimized version of the driver?

- Do you have plans to develop the writing portion of the driver?

Best regards,

Ivan