[Gdal-dev] GDAL vs ArcGIS raster calculator

joosthoek jelmer.oosthoek at tno.nl
Sat Mar 15 08:45:09 EDT 2008

Hi,

I was wondering if someone knows if there is a GDAL alternative for the
following ArcGIS Raster Calculator code:

select ( merge ( setnull ( [raster] > 32767 , [raster] ) , ( [raster] -
65536 ) ) , 'value <> -32768' )

The input raster is 16-bit DTM data and as far as I know this code sets the
values to meters with correct datum.

I was trying the gdal_translate -scale option but that didn't work somehow
(I tried -scale 0 65535 -32768 32767). Someone has a better idea?