[gdal-dev] Re: gdalwarp -co COMPRESSION issues

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 20 00:20:13 EDT 2008

Matt Wilkie wrote:
> If not and fixing the problem is as difficult as Even and Frank surmise
> (more likely), then I suggest that to avoid confusing people the
> compress option be dropped from gdalwarp for now, or at least issue a
> warning when used.

Matt,

1) It does not appear to be a bug.  It is the natural behavior of the
driver when rewriting in place.

2) It is not possible to drop driver specific creation options from gdalwarp.
Gdalwarp passes driver options to the drivers and has no gdalwarp specific
knowledge about them.

If there is anything to be done it would be to explain the issues of
lost file space with "multiple update" applications like gdalwarp in
the GTiff driver.

Grr.  I said I wasn't going to respond anymore!