[gdal-dev] RE: compile from source on Ubuntu7.10 64bit EC2 instance

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Mar 20 13:51:52 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 11:15 -0600, Randy George wrote:
> Hi Nikos,
>
> 	Here is the list:
> # gdalinfo --formats
> Supported Formats:
>   VRT (rw+): Virtual Raster
>   GTiff (rw+): GeoTIFF
>   NITF (rw+): National Imagery Transmission Format
>   RPFTOC (ro): Raster Product Format TOC format
>   HFA (rw+): Erdas Imagine Images (.img)
>   SAR_CEOS (ro): CEOS SAR Image
>   CEOS (ro): CEOS Image
>   JAXAPALSAR (ro): JAXA PALSAR Product Reader (Level 1.1/1.5)
>   GFF (ro): Ground-based SAR Applications Testbed File Format (.gff)
>   ELAS (rw+): ELAS
>   AIG (ro): Arc/Info Binary Grid
>   AAIGrid (rw): Arc/Info ASCII Grid
>   SDTS (ro): SDTS Raster
>   DTED (rw): DTED Elevation Raster
>   PNG (rw): Portable Network Graphics
>   JPEG (rw): JPEG JFIF
>   MEM (rw+): In Memory Raster
>   JDEM (ro): Japanese DEM (.mem)
>   GIF (rw): Graphics Interchange Format (.gif)
>   ESAT (ro): Envisat Image Format
>   BSB (ro): Maptech BSB Nautical Charts
>   XPM (rw): X11 PixMap Format
>   BMP (rw+): MS Windows Device Independent Bitmap
>   DIMAP (ro): SPOT DIMAP
>   AirSAR (ro): AirSAR Polarimetric Image
>   RS2 (ro): RadarSat 2 XML Product
>   PCIDSK (rw+): PCIDSK Database File
>   PCRaster (rw): PCRaster Raster File
>   ILWIS (rw+): ILWIS Raster Map
>   SGI (ro): SGI Image File Format 1.0
>   SRTMHGT (rw): SRTMHGT File Format
>   Leveller (rw+): Leveller heightfield
>   Terragen (rw+): Terragen heightfield
>   PNM (rw+): Portable Pixmap Format (netpbm)
>   DOQ1 (ro): USGS DOQ (Old Style)
>   DOQ2 (ro): USGS DOQ (New Style)
>   ENVI (rw+): ENVI .hdr Labelled
>   EHdr (rw+): ESRI .hdr Labelled
>   GenBin (ro): Generic Binary (.hdr Labelled)
>   PAux (rw+): PCI .aux Labelled
>   MFF (rw+): Vexcel MFF Raster
>   MFF2 (rw+): Vexcel MFF2 (HKV) Raster
>   FujiBAS (ro): Fuji BAS Scanner Image
>   GSC (ro): GSC Geogrid
>   FAST (ro): EOSAT FAST Format
>   BT (rw+): VTP .bt (Binary Terrain) 1.3 Format
>   LAN (ro): Erdas .LAN/.GIS
>   CPG (ro): Convair PolGASP
>   IDA (rw+): Image Data and Analysis
>   NDF (ro): NLAPS Data Format
>   DIPEx (ro): DIPEx
>   ISIS3 (ro): USGS Astrogeology ISIS cube (Version 3)
>   ISIS2 (ro): USGS Astrogeology ISIS cube (Version 2)
>   PDS (ro): NASA Planetary Data System
>   ERS (rw+): ERMapper .ers Labelled
>   L1B (ro): NOAA Polar Orbiter Level 1b Data Set
>   FIT (rw): FIT Image
>   RMF (rw+): Raster Matrix Format
>   RST (rw+): Idrisi Raster A.1
>   INGR (rw+): Intergraph Raster
>   GSAG (rw+): Golden Software ASCII Grid (.grd)
>   GSBG (rw+): Golden Software Binary Grid (.grd)
>   GS7BG (ro): Golden Software 7 Binary Grid (.grd)
>   COSAR (ro): COSAR Annotated Binary Matrix (TerraSAR-X)
>   TSX (ro): TerraSAR-X Product
>   COASP (ro): DRDC COASP SAR Processor Raster
>   RIK (ro): Swedish Grid RIK (.rik)
>   USGSDEM (rw): USGS Optional ASCII DEM (and CDED)
>   GXF (ro): GeoSoft Grid Exchange Format
> [...]

Thank you!

I don't see OGDI for instance in your list. And what about HDF?

I asked cause I am facing difficulties to build from source with
--with-ogdi and at the same time --with-expat (the latter is required
for KML and is rejected if I use ogdi).  Wanted to see if both are
present in your system.

I've created a ticket about that... but maybe it's not a bug. Not sure
cause I am still learning.

Cheers,

Nikos