[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.5.0 managed wrapper binaries

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 18:16:25 EDT 2008

2008/3/26, Chris Howell <chowell at pyxisinnovation.com>:

>  Tamas,
>
>  Since this closely relates to.
>
>  http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2290 I felt like
> throwing my two sense in.
>
>  I wonder if we could incorporate a policy in gdal how these
> complementary packages (like gdal-csharp) are created for the osgeo4w
>  [chowell] - Great idea. I suggest a layout something like this.
>  gdalVERSION.dll (native dll)
>  gdalVERSION-wrap.dll (wrapper dll)
>  gdalVERSION-CSharp.dll (C# dll obviously), or whatever binary language
> we're building to.

Chris,

Either the *_wrap.dll -s or the *_csharp.dll-s are belong to the same
csharp interface so these files should be placed into the same binary
package. But we should possibly rename the *_wrap.dll-s to a more c#
specific name (like ogr_cswrap.dll for example) since these files
should go to the common osgeo4w/bin folder where the other unmanaged
dll-s are placed.
Currenly we have an install target in the gdal makefile.vc but I'm not
sure how it is used actually. It should possibly provide the necessary
actions to copy the compiled binaries to the expected location in the
target folder (or something like this). In addition each of the
language bindings should include some additional steps to package the
desired files into a  single compressed file ready to use by the
osgeo4w installer.

Best regards,

Tamas