[gdal-dev] hdf issues

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.nl
Thu Mar 27 11:04:42 EDT 2008

Folks,

FYI:
I just filed 3 trac tickets regarding compilation of gdal with hdf4/5.

2295: configure does not find hdf4 when hdf4 has been compiled with szip
and/or jpeg compression. Workaround included.

2296: issue with double declaration of 'UNKNOWN', once in hdf4 lib, once
in gdal enumeration. Patch included.

2297: issue with newest hdf5 API. However, usually the older api is
still available, and a simple patch to gdal can fix this. Patch included.

I hope I understood the issues correctly and my patches can be of use.

Best regards,
Vincent Schut.