[gdal-dev] Shift/Translate vector data within the same coordinate system

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Oct 7 02:42:53 EDT 2008

Hi,

I wonder if ogr2ogr can translate/shift vector data within the same
coordinate system. In Postgis I would use ST_Translate(geometry, float8,
float8, float8) to solve my problem.

I have data that is in the swiss coordinate system (metric, scale 1:1),
but not correctly georeferenced. All vector data should be translated
according to a given x/y offset. The output should be again in the swiss
coordinate system.

I looked up the documentation of ogr2ogr at
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr2ogr.html but couldn't find a way to do what I
want.

Thanks for any hint on how to do this with ogr, if it is possible at all.

Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann
Böschacherstrasse 6, CH-8624 Grüt/Gossau, Switzerland