[gdal-dev] error allocatint [sic] destination buffer

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Thu Oct 23 19:50:22 EDT 2008

Hi Even,

I have 4gb of ram on this machine and task manager reported max usage
was around 2gb. I wasn't using gdal_merge because in the past that
hasn't produced a seamless mosaic. That was some years ago though so I
should probably try again.

I tried again specifying 300 instead of 500 for memory usage and it
worked, topping out at 2.9gb of ram usage according to sysinternals
Process Explorer. So I'm guessing that the first time the 2gb figure I
was seeing in ram usage was what gdal was already using, not what it
asked for and failed to get.

thanks,

matt wilkie
Geographic Information,